Things have gotten really, really REAL over the last 7 days in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic sweeping the globe.
While the general circumstances, the news, the UNKNOWN, etc. are extremely nerve-wracking, the time is now to up the ante and really focus on how to nurture yourself to the best of your ability.
As a sexual wellness company, we acknowledge that sexual health is just one piece to our physical and mental health. And if we can't find peace of mind on the day-to-day (outside of the bedroom), enjoying anything inside of the bedroom can be damn near impossible.
Because of this we take responsibility (and pleasure) in sharing accessible and helpful information as it may relate to feeling good.
For the foreseeable future, we will be bringing you a variety of self-love tips, rituals and techniques for those who are self-quarantining or simply stockpiling self-care activities. Read on for our two favorite DIY detox bath recipes that are easy to make, and super cost-friendly.
Detox bath benefits:
-Detoxes the body during cold/flu season
-Alleviates flu symptoms
-Provides therapeutic effects of using a sauna, without stepping out of the house
-Boosts magnesium levels, which also promotes relaxation
-All items can be purchased on the cheap, in bulk & saved for anytime use
Detox bath tips:
-Keep a bottle of water with you in the tub. Detoxing will take it out of you, literally! So be sure to hydrate, and be cautious when you step out.
-Recommended time in the tub is 30-45 minutes- you will sweat. It. Out! this whole time, so keeping a dry towel to wipe any perspiration off your face is helpful
-Create a bath playlist to avoid boredom (it happens) - try to leave the phone in the other room and bring a book instead!
-Consider the orgasm! Bring a waterproof or splash-proof toy and take the relaxation to the next level. (Pictured below, the Fun Size Lala Pop -- on top of Poppin' Rock Candy edible crystals)
Natural Detox Bath Recipe:
1. 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar - Nourishes your body's largest organ (the skin)! Soothes skin infections, skin irritations, gives your body Vitamin B and C. Also balances the body's pH, so great if you are prone to yeast infections
2. 1/4 cup baking soda - Boosts circulation, relieves joint/muscle pain. Will also make your skin soft AF
3. 1 cup Epsom Salt - You can't really have too much! We prefer to replicate the salty ass Dead Sea. Also relieves tense muscles and reduces swelling
4. Essential oil drops to top it off - Lavender + Ylang ylang for relaxation; orange + peppermint for a pick-me-up!
Oxygen Detox Bath Recipe:
1. 4 tablespoons ground ginger - Ginger makes the. bath hotter (spicy bath!) which removes toxins that might affect blood flow disruption
2. Minimum 2 cups hydrogen peroxide
-Alleviates menstrual cramps
-Stimulates weight loss by enhancing metabolism
-Stabilizes blood pressure
-Relieves headaches, anxiety, nausea
Be aware: because it is a serious detoxifier, ginger can cause skin irritation, dizziness, muscle soreness, and/or insomnia. We haven't experienced any of these side effects - but be sure to read up on (all of) these bath ingredients for any possible side effects.
The beauty of a detox bath is that they are fully customizable -- and there is no wrong way to make one. We have thrown every one of these ingredients in the bathtub at the same time, because we extra like that. There is nothing like a fiery hot bath when you're feeling low, sick, or stressed.
Stay safe and love yourself!